Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Hmmm...

So, dare I say my toddler is spiteful? Well, maybe a little, maybe just out to prove me wrong, or maybe just I don't know what a toddler is really capable of. Or maybe I'm just seeing a glimpse of his teenage years might be like! YIKES!

It's been a crazy few days. Very busy, we have had some house showings and needed to get out of the house, and Owen is always very accommodating. Today, was the first Tuesday in 5 weeks that we haven't had a showing! But we did have a birthday party for Maggie, so we needed to leave anyway... since the party was after 6 (which meant he probably wouldn't eat till after 7pm), we decided to try to feed Owen dinner before we left, then he could nibble at our meal. He HATES to eat alone... so naturally he wouldn't touch anything I offered him. So, we left with a very frustrated toddler, and to top it off we even ended up at the wrong restuarant!! But we got to the right place, and everyone was surprised at how much Owen had grown. He was a little bashful at first but quickly warmed up. I can't figure out when he will eat vs. when he won't eat. He's so unpredictable... So we tried offering him some of the food being served... I swear, I was telling my Aunts that he barely eats anything, and just to prove me wrong, Owen consumed everything in sight! He ate bread, drank water, had fruit, french fries, graham crackers, just about anything passed his way, like I've never offered this to him... And yet I know tomorrow, he'll refuse any of the above... Every day is different... EVERY DAY IS DIFFERENT!!!!
On to something OTHER than food... Mommy bought Owen a recorder yesterday. He hadn't really figured out how to "blow" things, so Mommy and Daddy thought this might help. But within just seconds of showing him how it worked, he figured it out! He LOVES it, and I can hardly take it away from him to even go to sleep... I think he knows it's a big kid toy.

Even after such a long night tonight - he got to bed nearly 1 hour late (and no bath) he just loves his story time. Although tonight was probably the 1st in MANY weeks that he didn't gobble down the milk. I actually think he went to bed with a full belly. Hopefully he'll sleep well tonight and have a good day at school tomorrow...

Well as for food, we'll keep trying. He has his good days and then not so good food days... but hopefully soon, he'll really start to understand there is more to life than just milk, and even if he's too tired to consume food, he'll be better off if he eats the solids. We'll get there, eventually...

No comments: