Owen was really adorable today. He had so much fun at school, he didn't want to leave when I got there. So we stayed and played another 10 minutes before I finally coaxed him out the door. The teachers have remarked how much more Owen is talking, and repeating everything back. He's just a little parrot! It's great to see him really taking to school, especially now that he's feeling better. The teachers also say how well behaved he is and how much fun he has. He has always loved the art projects, but he really seems to be coming out of his shell, and showing everyone all that he can do. He's very smart, and has learned animal sounds, and more words in the last 10 days than I thought even possible! Lately we're all seeing his imagination coming out. Today at school he pushed around the grocery cart and put a baby doll in the seat (feet through the leg holes and everything), and picked up items all along the classroom and put them in the basket. How adorable??? He also makes noises for his cars, or walks a person around his parking garage, before pushing them down the ramp and saying AAAAAHHHHH... too funny!
He has been eating much better too. He loves to dip things. I've been trying to come up with more things than just ketchup... Tonight we had tortellini which he dipped in red sauce. He also had some of daddy's fries but wouldn't taste any of the beef. But we've made great strides. This new fun of dipping brings a whole new mess to dinner. Tonight it was sauce in the hair, but he thought it was really funny.... so did we actually. Yesterday at the country club for dinner he was also very good, ate everything in sight - cookies, applesauce, fish sticks, french fries, bread, and even a bit of ice cream. He goes to bed with such a full tummy it feels like it might pop! Lunch is still an issue for us, but we seem to be on the right track with Breakfast and Dinner. Hey 2 out of 3 is not bad! Lunch is a challenge because he's either coming from school (when I'm not 100% sure how much he's consumed) or an activity. So he's either full already or too tired to eat. But he usually eats a snack after nap, and that holds him till dinner. Soon he'll probably start eating lunch at school, so I can extend my day at the office a bit, and Owen gets fed before he's over tired.
We're also doing much better with the temper tantrums. I read a book that taught me how better to deal with his temper, and melt downs, and believe it or not, it actually works most of the time. Not to say he doesn't have a melt down, but he does calm more quickly which is all I can ask for.
He's truly at a really fun age, I love it! Each day is different, he's so cooperative and just full of toddler curiosity. It really makes my day to spend fun time with him, especially because the rest of our life right now with the house is so stressful.
No comments:
Post a Comment