Wow, it's 71 degrees and sunny out today. WELCOME SPRING!
We just had to get outside. I had heard about this playground up in Fallston called Annie's Playground. It is huge! Owen had a ball, and we played there for over an hour. 
He loved exploring and me chasing him (his favorite game is chasing either me or Daddy or us chasing him... it's so cute), and he always enjoys the swings.

He discovered the rubber mulch and loved it being thrown. He thought it was hysterical. I am so happy the weather is warming up, because it is so nice to get out of the house and explore. Life is so much different this year with Owen walking and exploring, I'm just loving every minute of it!
Next time we go we need 2 things, sunscreen and lunch. Other mom's were smart enough to bring a picnic lunch to have on the grass, and then keep playing. I knew Owen wanted to stay longer, but we had to get home or he wouldn't eat, because I know he was hungry...
After such a fun time at the playground, we came home had some lunch, and normally Owen would have conked out ready for a nap... But not today. He was quite a sleepy head this morning, slept in about 1 1/2 hours later than normal. So he didn't get down for his nap until almost 2pm. So he probably won't wake up in time to go back outside, but we'll see. With weather this wonderful, how can we not soak it up!Yesterday was another terrific day at school, and Owen stayed for lunch for the first time. Mommy needs a little extra time at work, and Owen rarely comes home ready for lunch, so we decided to extend Owen's school day by 30 min, and he will eat lunch with his class. He is having so much fun at school, and isn't even ready to leave when I get there, he wants to keep running around and showing me things, so I was relieved that he did well extending the day. It takes a lot of the "rush" pressure off of me.
I don't know why this was so funny... there is no logic to what a toddler finds funny. But here's a short video of Owen at the playground today. He just couldn't get over how funny it was to throw the rubber mulch. We did this for nearly 10 minutes, and it just kept cracking him up... I just love listening to his laugh.
No comments:
Post a Comment