
Finally, a break from the chaos. Now that the move is over, and the house is almost cleaned up and ready for the new owners, Owen and I decided to take a break from all the chaos of the last week, and head to the pool. It started out as a rough morning. Daddy had to wake up very early to get to a meeting. Owen woke shortly after Daddy left and was just talking in his crib, but went back to sleep. Then he woke SCREAMING at about 8:45 am. I think he was in extreme pain from his teeth. Nothing would soothe him, he even threw out his favorite juice! (Very unlike Owen). So I gave him some Tylenol, and we watched an episode of Caillou (his most recent favorite TV show), and he seemed to calm down a bit. So we got lather up in sunscreen and headed to the pool.

Ms. Robyn and Sofia also joined us. Last week, the kids were both a little tired, cranky and fell a lot, (in between some fun moments too though). But this week, they were raring to go. Owen had a ball chasing his toys around and climbing in and out of the pool. He is definitely gaining some confidence in the water, which is nice to see, because he loved it so much last year. I think not taking swim lessons all year has made us have to reintroduce the water experience to him.

Sofia, has been taking swim lessons, so she's a little mermaid! Owen's getting there. He loves to play on the steps in the big pool, and today we tried water shoes (because he doesn't like the rough bottom of the pool). They were great for about 45 min, till he figured out how to kick them off... I can't believe there isn't a better product out there for toddlers. Or I haven't found it yet, but both pairs of water shoes he has, he kicks off fairly easily. And considering they are so tough to put on, you'd think they'd be harder to get off...

We ended up staying until about 12:30, and then headed home. For the first time since we started staying at the apartment, Owen willingly went down for his nap without a peep. Guess a good 2 1/2 hours in the pool and sunshine will do that to ya.

Tomorrow it's back to the grind to finish up all the final details at the old house. Believe it or not there's still a box or 2 to be brought here to the apartment, and a little more cleaning up to do to get ready for the walk through on Saturday.

But today was a nice welcome break to have some much needed fun. I think both Owen and I really needed it.
No comments:
Post a Comment