Thursday, June 19, 2008

Climbing our Hill...

Despite some "shoe" meltdowns today we had an excellent day. Owen has been loving walking barefoot, and cannot stand when I put on his sandals or water shoes. Basically he's a sneakers/socks kinda guy (much like his Daddy)... But today he was especially trying at the country club when he threw a temper tantrum in the parking lot over a pair of crocks... are you kidding me??? He was laying on the hot asphalt screaming his head off while every one watched because I put on his shoes... Fortunately, Ms. Robyn and Sofia were a little late and missed our throw down fit... Once at the pool Owen had fun, even though it took him a little while to warm up to the water. He seemed to be enjoying himself in the end, and I'm sure if we get to go back this weekend he'll understand that we're going to have fun... and I'm not just out to torture him with shoes...

In other news, an amazing new stunt, Owen has learned very how to climb all the way to the top of our hill... If you know our back yard, this is a feat for some adults, and like climbing Everest for a wobbly toddler... Quite impressive!

He really attempted it for the first time yesterday, but since we're down to just a few days left here, I felt compelled to get it on camera several times. It's hard to believe we won't be spending the rest of the summer in our back yard... Kinda sad, but exciting at the same time.

I'm not sure you can tell in the videos but he's very proud of himself!

No comments: