Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Discovering Pasta & Sauce

Another great day. Owen had a terrific day at school, he really seems to be enjoying it so much lately. And the summer months, they have a lot of fun activities planned - including petting zoo, water days, a clown, lots of fun things for the kids. Even better, they don't go on field trips, they bring the activities to the school, so you don't have to worry about the kids being transported in cars/vans, etc. He's so cute at drop off now, he engages in the class, then I give him a kiss, tell him I'll be back after lunch and walk to the door. He used to whine and follow me, but now I just blow him a kiss and he blows one back to me, it's adorable...

We got a chance to walk through the first floor of the new house today, it's taking shape nicely. It's going to be so exciting to see it when we get back from Kentucky on Sunday, it the weather is nice, they might be totally done framing! Very exciting. Because the house is so close, I go there 2-3 times a day. It's hard not too! We also passed our termite inspection today, so hopefully we're smooth sailing now... just have that pesky packing to do.

Tonight Daddy was again out of town for a training meeting and so Owen and I had dinner again. Since he's developed a love of Spaghetti O's, I tried to give him pasta with marinara sauce. He ATE IT UP!!! He ate 2 1/2 bowls full. He just kept shoveling it in, as if to say - Mom, you're finally learning to cook... where's this been???

It's such a relief to see him not only eating, but actually enjoying what he's eating!

He's been doing his animal sounds for a while, but I finally got him to do it for the camera today. He knows a few more than I did here, but it's so cute. The horse is my favorite!!!


Here's another quick one in the bath tub tonight... He is SOOO CUTE!

No comments: