Today got off to a rough start, Owen slept until 8:30, and I finally had to wake him so we wouldn't be too late for school. He was NOT happy about being woken up, he was dead asleep in his crib and I had to talk and turn on the lights, and then he just started yelling at me.
I'm not really sure why he was so tired, yesterday evening my friend Val came over for dinner, but we still got Owen to bed on time, and he went down at 8:15, but he really wanted a bit more sleep today! That followed up with Owen not wanting to eat breakfast. (He often doesn't do well when we have to rush, he prefers a bit of time to wake up before he eats). But he started coming around when I gave him his OJ. So we headed to school with low expectations, and I told the teachers Owen was having a rough morning, and left the room. He barely cried once I was gone, he was playing with Ms. Kathy, and that worked really well. When I went to pick him up, he was tired, but in a good mood. They had done hand prints with blue finger paints. Naturally, he has blue everywhere, in his nails, up his arms, and all over his clothes. So I think we'll be taking a bath this afternoon. But the teacher again commented on how much Owen LOVES the art projects. I have some play doh, and think maybe Owen and I will play with that this afternoon. It's been such a busy week, I don't feel like leaving the house any more today.
I can hardly wait to bring home Owen's art projects. His hand prints are really good! It's so cute, and I'm so glad he's now enjoying his time there at school.
Here's another really cute video that shows how well Owen's walking is progressing.
Daddy comes home tonight, well after Owen will be in bed, but I know tomorrow morning Owen will be so happy to see him! We can hardly wait.
No comments:
Post a Comment