Time is flying by, I can't believe how quickly the weeks are passing. Why didn't they seem to go this fast when we were in the apartment, and minutes creeped by... But anyway, we had a pretty busy week. Tuesday we spent most of the morning, running errands to get some necessities - groceries, diapers, the usual. Wednesday morning, Daddy left for a meeting in Kentucky, I got Owen off to school, and once I got to work, about 10:30 I got a call from Owen's school that he was sick, and I needed to pick him up. When I got there he was fine, playing with his classmates and smiling. I couldn't believe they thought he was sick... but nonetheless, he had to go home... He was fine, just teething. I took him home, and we played all afternoon. Since Daddy was out of town, and my babysitters have all started back to school, I couldn't get back to work, but I made up for it later in the week. Owen has recently started "playing" games. We've purchased a few toddler games - whack a mole, fishing game, mr. bucket, and lucky ducks. He loves to play and I think understands a bit about your turn/my turn. It's cute, and fun. I love to play games, so these are exciting times!
Thursday, we had a lot of fun. We headed to Columbia to meet Ms. Melissa and Alik at Play Wise Kids. It was empty, and we had the place to ourselves. The kids jumped right in and played in the play house. They still really parallel play, but there was some interaction.
Alik is 17 months, but they're almost the same height, and I know will be good play mates if we keep getting them together. Play Wise Kids was a lot of fun this time, because we were able to spend time in each exhibit we wanted to, rather than trying to avoid the mass of kids that are there on the weekends.
Owen really enjoyed the train table. I need to get him a larger train set, the one we have just is a circle, but I can see he would enjoy a little larger area to push the trains around.
He also loved the "grocery" store and pushing the small carts around. He threw veggies into his cart, and did not want to leave. But we eventually left and took the kids to Wendy's for lunch. Owen was hitting his wall and barely ate anything, he wasn't even showing off, he was just distracted and climbing out of the high chair. It wasn't our best meal out, but it was fine. Daddy came home Thursday night, and we were all ready for the weekend. Friday was a pretty long work day, catch up from Wednesday, and fortunately they kept my healthy, but teething, child engaged and didn't send him home again. We had a nice dinner, our couch finally arrived, and Mr. Ken and Ms. Mary (our old neighbors) stopped by to see our new house. Then we started getting ready for the rain to come. Tropical Storm Hanna started Saturday and it rained all day. We did venture out around lunchtime to do a little shopping and get lunch at the mall.
Uncle Alex brought Sam Dog back to us on Saturday afternoon. She didn't even know we had moved, but I think enjoys the new house, and it's good to have her home. When Daddy took her outside, she caught a turtle. Daddy brought it inside to show Owen. He was intrigued but had no idea what to think about it...
Saturday night, Laura came to babysit Owen so Mommy and Daddy could go downtown to Roy's for Pop's birthday. It was so great to go out to dinner, and we had a lot of fun. Owen was very good for Laura, and went to bed very easily. 

Today we went to Target (will we ever have everything we need here???) and to Costco, then made it back in time for the Ravens season opener. Owen took his nap during the game so he didn't watch much (but that meant that Mommy got to see the game). So exciting that they won the first game and are looking pretty good!
After the game, we met up with everyone at Liberatore's for dinner. Owen was very hungry when we got there, and ate about 3 pieces of Lib's pizza. He was very good, and especially loved the chocolate cake he and Daddy split. We had been practicing singing Happy Birthday song, and he was doing really well, but wouldn't sing it with all the people there. Oh well, I'll try to catch it on video so Pop can hear it, because it's so cute. We came home and let Owen stretch his legs outside because he had been cooped up all evening in the high chair. He loves to play with the hoses and water the trees...
No comments:
Post a Comment