It's been a marathon of a week so far. I can't believe it's only Wednesday! Monday and Tuesday, Mommy went on a war path in the basement, tackling all of the boxes. Yes, we're officially UNPACKED! Everything (except the baby clothes which we don't need and the bar glasses (since we don't have a bar) is unpacked, and put away. We have a bunch of pictures and artwork to hang, so that's the next project, but for now, I'm basking in the box free house. So nice!Owen loved playing in the basement yesterday evening, after all the boxes were gone, he just ran back and forth and around an around... So cute! I was afraid we'd have boxes there till Christmas, but feel very satisfied that their done... in less than 3 weeks (not to toot my own horn)...
He's been pretending to fix everything. He has been playing with Daddy's tools, so when we were buying a birthday gift for his friends party this weekend yesterday, Mommy bought him his own Home Depot drill and screw driver set. I wanted to get him a little tool box, but they didn't have one in stock. He LOVES his drill, and is rarely without it, he'll fix anything for me. It's so cute. Today before breakfast, he had to get the drill, fix his high chair before he would get in. Too funny!Owen had a great day at school today, the teachers are very impressed by his constantly growing vocabulary, and how well he sings songs and joins in the activity. He knows about 1/2 the alphabet song, most of Happy Birthday (trying still to get this on video, it's so cute!) and can almost count to 5. The learning is amazing at this stage, I am so impressed by him!
But after school today he took his nap, and woke up with wings! I realized how badly he needed a haircut, and did the unthinkable... I sent Owen and Daddy to the mall (by themselves) to get it cut and bring home dinner. Owen hates having his haircut, and I knew he wouldn't put up nearly the fight that he would with me for Daddy (he'd be a big boy) and Daddy was quite successful.
It wasn't until after he came home tonight that I realized just how long his hair had gotten... but he looks so clean cut and so cute!
No comments:
Post a Comment