Monday, September 10, 2007

Say Cheese!!!

Tonight at dinner, Owen had his first taste of cheese. I put a little soft cheese on his spoon and he gobbled it up. He always makes a sour face at first, but today he then was licking his fingers! It was too cute. He's also eating little bites of bread and raisin bread too. He if finally getting used to the texture of foods, and eating a bit better. I've also stopped trying so hard, and he seems to be picking up the pace. Perhaps I was a little too anxious and stressed (nah, that doesn't sound like me!!!)

Owen's 4th tooth broke the surface today. So now he has 2 bottom and 2 top. Both the top teeth are still coming down, so it'll be a while before their really "chewing". Although the strangest thing has to be his "grinding" ability. I even called the pediatrician, who confirmed, it's completely normal for a baby to grind his teeth and that he has to to dull them down, because they are so sharp. WEIRD, and the sound is worse than fingernails on a chalk board.
He's so much more content today, than he has been the past few days, he really has been playing well and generally much happier. Must mean we are past the cold and the nagging pain of that tooth. But I'm sure tooth #5 is around the corner.

Today is also the Ravens season opener, we all have high hopes, and are sporting our purple proudly today. Hopefully all will go well, at least it will LOOK great on our brand new TV... Can't wait till game time! Good luck Ravens!!!

No comments: