
Hunter got on the move this month. He went from not moving at all, to scooting and army crawling to full on crawling, and now pulling up and beginning to cruise. The kid is on the move. Which means Owen spends all our play time, moving away from Hunter who is clearly out for his toys. The jealousy and sharing are starting to become an issue. Sometimes we all play very nicely together, and other times well not so much. But we're working on it.

Owen really does love his little brother, he is cutting a tooth, and the other day Hunter was so upset by the pain of his incoming teeth, he just passed out in my arms, exhausted. Owen came over and patted him on the head and said he sure is adorable, isn't he.

Owen has had quite a funny month. One day while I was up in Hunter's room, Owen came up with one of his toys... he said to me, "Who gave me this?" I responded Grandma did. He responded "which one, the real one or the Great one?" It was so incredibly cute... We refer to Troy's mom as Grandma, and Troy's grandma as Great Grandma... Too cute.

Another funny Owen moment - earlier this week Owen woke up about 3:30am, he was having a dream. It was the first time he had ever woke me up because of a dream. He was babbling incoherently about the dream, kinda confused he was in bed and not downstairs looking for something, and I explained to him he was just having a dream. Took him to the bathroom, and he was still talking about it, then he said, what's a dream? I explained to him that when you're sleeping, you're still thinking of all kinds of things, and it's kinda like watching a movie in your head. He said, we'll it wasn't the Robot movie, I know that (Robots is his latest favorite movie). I explained that it's not like movies on tv, it's in your head. Explained that you can stop watching it anytime you want by opening your eyes. He said, so if I want to watch it I close my eyes. Yes, I replied, it only happens when you're sleeping. He said OK, well can I get a snack before I go back to sleep? The stuff that comes out of his mouth sometimes just cracks me up!!! Guess I'll pop him some popcorn...

It's been a great month, and so nice to have some big home projects done and some fun family time. What will October and fall bring?
No comments:
Post a Comment