Thursday, October 23, 2008

Painting Pottery

Owen and I had a wonderful day today. We went to our music/movement class this morning and then we headed up to Timonium to a place called Hot Pots. It's a paint your own pottery place, and since Owen loves arts and crafts so much, I though it was worth a try. We were supposed to go with Robyn and Sofia but they had to cancel.

I was so glad that we did. It's a really nice place, very clean, and fun to do. Owen got started by picking out what he wanted to paint, naturally as soon as he saw the airplane that was all he wanted. So we picked some colors, and got started. I wish I would have brought Owen's booster seat, because he was too short to sit down, and so he had to stand on the chair. He was excited though, jumped right in and new exactly what to do.

It took us about an hour to paint the plane, because they want you to get 3 coats on it, and he was very patient, very serious about it. And boy did we make a mess...

We had so much fun, it was hard at the end of the outing to leave the plane there, I wanted to bring it home, but it needed to be glazed and fired, and then we'll pick it up next week. The colors on the plane will be totally different after it is fired, and I can hardly wait to see it.

It will be fun to go back soon and do another project!

No comments: