It's been a long few days. I've been watching Owen like a hawk, and am emotionally drained from worry... Friday had ended with no unusual behaviors, nothing out of the ordinary, so the whole week was normal. I think we were feeling we were out of the woods. Saturday during the day, when Owen would get agitated or frustrated he did the eye rolling thing 2 more times. Not like we had seen last Sunday when he did it over and over, but just once each time. It's so hard to tell if this is deliberate or what, I just don't know...Then Sunday while eating breakfast, Owen seemed to have something else happen. He was eating his yogurt, and was doing fine, then all of a sudden his arm got stiff. At first we thought he was playing, but something just wasn't right. He had a spoon full of yogurt, but couldn't get it to his mouth. It happened again about 2 min later, and I missed it. Then I realized something wasn't quite right... So I grabbed the video camera and got a 3rd and final incident on camera. It lasts less than 2 seconds total but it's strange to see him like frozen. Then later in the day while in the grocery store, he rolled his eyes. Since then we've seen nothing. But it was enough to give us reasoning to make a call to the pediatric neurologist. We go tomorrow. Mommy has been through the full range of emotion, but remains very concerned. If I hear one more time that he's going to be fine, I might just lose it. It's not going to be fine until the doctor tells us so. It's been very stressful, but hopefully after another night of lost sleep tomorrow will provide some answers. We'll see...
In an effort to feel normal, and escape the confines of this apartment, Owen and I headed to Sofia's house for a play date. We had a great morning, Owen was totally himself, playing and having a good time, and showing off all the songs he can sing. We also played a few rounds of Ring A Round the Rosey... the classic toddler favorite. Owen and I did it once, then we invited Sofia to play, and unlike the last time we invited a kid to play with us, Owen grabbed Sofia by the hand and we spun again. So cute!Nothing else happened today, he woke up from his nap and had a fever, but broke with tylenol, not sure if that is teething or something more. But he was himself all day. Who knows what tomorrow will bring, but we just hope and pray for the best...
No comments:
Post a Comment