Time for Mommy to get back in shape, so Owen and I took our jogging stroller for a test run today. I know he's a little young for it, but I couldn't pass up the fact that it was another 70 degree day, and just gorgeous. The stroller I've been walking with is just meant for the mall... not the sidewalks, curbs, and running. So, even though, the jogging stroller is recommended for 5 months and up, I figured Owen holds his head so well, that I figured he'd be OK, and worst case scenario, we'd turn back... And I was only jogging, to some people it was a fast walk, but hey, I just had a baby.... We set out and did about 2 1/2 miles, not bad for our first trip. Funny thing, Owen is a great coach, apparently he likes to be MOVING... so every time I slowed down for a walk, he fussed, and when I picked it back up he was content... But you'd be surprised how challenging it is singing the Itsy Bitsy Spider while pushing a stroller uphill... :) I actually found myself telling him - "Give me a break kiddo, I haven't run in a year!" Soon I'll be a professional stroller jogger, I'm sure. That is as long as the weather stays like this.
No comments:
Post a Comment